Saturday 8 June 2013

HiSpec front brakes

A very nice set of HiSpec brakes came through. Vented/grooved discs and 4 pot calipers.

Very straight forward to fit on the offside:

Alignment of the caliper with the disc looks good:

Sadly not the same story on the nearside - the outer edge of the disc is rubbing on the caliper itself:

Turns out the wheel bearing on the nearside upright wasn't seated properly to the flange was too far outboard and in turn the disc. The splined washer was the problem. I happened to be visiting FSC so they kindly sorted it out very quickly.

Looks tasty all set up and with the pads fitted:

Three quarters view of the offside (bling!):

2 comments:

  1. Hello - no updates for a while, but looking good so far. My Fury blog is blatterbeast on BlogSpot, if you want to read about running a Fury. I have 100s of photos of my build & perhaps a slightly "non-standard" approach to building. One thing I would recommend is to fit a box behind the rear bulkhead & below the boot floor for locking tools, satnav etc. That's not on my blog, but David E has just retrofitted one to the "MangoFury" - it's MUCH easier to do before the body goes on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BlatterBeast, many thanks for the comment. I've been thinking about the storage idea and DavidE mentioned it as something he was thinking of doing a while ago. In terms of this I guess I'm trying to stay focused on the build but hear what you say about easier before the body goes on.

    ReplyDelete